Implant Dentures in Houston, TX
For most people, traditional dentures can be a real pain. They rub against the gums all day and slip and click when you talk and eat, despite using the recommended adhesives. Ordinary dentures also increase the risk of bone deterioration.
Implant supported dentures, or dentures supported by implants, work differently.
Implant supported dentures in Houston, TX from Dr. Friedberg perform like actual teeth. Instead of resting on the gumline and relying on messy pastes for security, implant supported dentures click and lock into several metal implant supports inside the gum line for a dependable fit you can count on all day.
Plus, dentures supported by implants give you the freedom to take them on and off whenever you choose for easy cleaning, unlike the hassles and concerns of traditional dentures. Or, if you don’t want to take them off, Dr. Friedberg can give you implant supported dentures that will function as permanent teeth.
There are two kinds of implant supported dentures and both are suitable for the upper and lower jaw:
Bar-retained dentures stay in place, sitting just above the gum line for a secure, comfortable fit
1. Dr. Friedberg places a select number of dental implants into your jaw bone.
2. A thin piece of metal is placed along the gumline to connect and stabilize the implants.
3. The dentures snap onto the bars with little clips and stay put, just like regular teeth.
Ball-retained dentures, or stud-attached dentures, work just like a standard ball and socket to give an open palate denture that eliminates slipping for effortless eating and speaking.
1. Dr. Friedberg places a select number of ball-tipped dental implants into your jaw bone.
2. A socketed denture base is lined up with your dental implants and pressed securely into place.
Implant supported dentures in Houston, TX are the smart choice! Talk to Dr. Friedberg to see which implant supported dentures will work best for you.
For more information: http://www.ada.org/2996.aspx