Dental Implants - Houston, TX
Dental implants in Houston, TX are ideal for people have missing teeth. Individuals are missing teeth for a variety of reasons – untreated gum disease, accidents, and tooth decay are just a few. Unfortunately, missing teeth in Houston, TX are a common problem, with almost 70 percent of adults missing one tooth by the time they reach their mid-40s. By age 74, more than 25 percent of adults have no teeth of their own. To correct the issue of missing teeth, more patients are choosing dental implants instead of traditional dentures and fixed bridges. Although traditional dentures still safely replace missing teeth, they can also lead to problems:
To replace one or more missing teeth, Dr. Friedberg uses dental implants to remove the hassle and worry associated with wearing traditional dentures. An introduction to dental implants is a great option for patients with prior dental work and want to strengthen or replace tired bridges and dentures.
- Bone deterioration. Dentures sit atop the gumline and eventually erode the jaw bone, causing the muscles in the face to sag and the dentures to slip and move around in the mouth. Dental implants stimulate the jaw bone to prevent atrophy.
- Embarrassing clicking noises. Eating and speaking with dentures can become a noisy, self-conscious chore due to chronic slippage. Dental implants are like natural teeth!
- Diminished tooth strength. To function, dental implants depend on some natural supporting teeth (abutments), which are grinded down to accommodate the dental implant. This makes them more vulnerable to stress and injury.
A few good reasons why patients choose dental implants in Houston, TX to fix missing teeth:
Talk to Dr. Friedberg to learn which dental implant procedure is the best option for your missing teeth.
- Dental implants look and feel like human teeth.
- Dental implants are made of titanium, a strong, cavity-resistant material that Dr. Friedberg places into the jaw bone to fuse with your existing bone (osseointegration).
- Dental implant success rate is high, and most patients enjoy them for decades.
- Dental implants make eating and socializing effortless– no slipping or clicking noises when chewing and talking.
- Dental implants behave like your own teeth and roots to protect and stimulate the bones, unlike traditional dentures and bridges, which sit atop the gum line and cause deterioration.
Preparation for Dental Implants:
- Bone Loss. Dental implants need natural bone tissue to work. Patients who have lost too much bone may need to consider having a bone graft first.
- Health Issues. Talk with Dr. Friedberg about any medications or medical problems you have prior to requesting dental implants. If you’re OK to have the basic procedures then you’re probably OK to have the dental implant procedure.
- Gum Disease. Moderate to severe gum disease may need to be treated before getting dental implant treatment.
- Smoking. If you smoke, tell Dr. Friedberg because it could interfere with the success of the dental implant procedure.
See why dental implants in Houston, TX are the best solution to replace your missing teeth, as opposed to traditional dentures. Learn more dental implants vs dentures and schedule an appointment with periodontist, Dr. Friedberg, today for a dental implant consultation.