Tooth loss is common among adults, especially as aging occurs. There are millions of Americans that are missing one or more of their teeth. Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth; the process involves a screw which is inserted into the jawbone in the empty space that was once occupied by a tooth. Once the screw is in place, a fake tooth is attached. However, there is a method does not require an implant to be used for each missing tooth. All-on-4Ⓡ dental implants are a great alternative option to traditional implants. They have become a popular option among many as they provide a permanent placement to replacing teeth but only use four implants, as opposed to traditional implants which can require up to eight implants. All-on-4Ⓡ dental implants have numerous benefits such as:
- Bone grafting is usually not necessary.
- All your teeth can be replaced in as little as one day and treatment typically only involves one surgical procedure.
- Restores all your teeth and gives you the smile you want using only four implants.
- They still provide an appearance of natural teeth.
- The procedures preserve the jawbone from extensive deterioration. Eventually, the implant becomes part of your jawbone. Since the implants are permanently fixed in place, it will prevent further bone loss from the jaw, creating a strong foundation for the new teeth.
- They will function like real teeth and will provide confidence when smiling, talking and eating.
You will not feel pain or discomfort during the procedure because your mouth will be numbed. The four implants will be placed in your mouth in the area where the bone volume is strongest. Once the implants are in, your dentures will be attached on the same day. It does take a few months for the implant to become part of your jawbone and Dr. Friedberg will check in with you during this time period.